greenlightcorner

Friday, November 05, 2004

the upside

Things are looking up for me in the short run at least. I know that Bush's policies won't affect me now for a bit. I'm looking forward to the rest of this semester and possibly rallying up some fellow Green Party support on campus. I've got some research to do for the whole thing but I certainly think it could happen.

For now I'm starting a facebook group about the Green Party. Hmm.

We went to the Sunset Tavern tonight. It was okay but all they did was talk about politics.
I'm at the point where I want to just start fighting with conservatives to try and change their minds. The problem is that they are all so happy and reaffirmed right now that it's very hard to plant any doubt in their mind.

I don't know what to do about the classes I missed today. I slept all day and have dressed myself in black in protest of america (not deserving of capitalization). I listened to a Puccini opera and then to Cats the musical. But after dinner tonight I'm listening to Ani Difranco because I'm in much higher spirits. She's such a cool liberal.

OO I also just had a conversation with my best friend from back home. God, I miss those conversations that get very much indepth. We talked about his girl. I'm a little skeptical of her because she seems to be playing games with him and the way he talks about the kind of connection they have... she should not be playing games with that. Then we talked about religion because religion is always fun and he has recently become more religious than I think he had been before. I love how I'm able to spout off ways to validate homosexuality in the eyes of the church. I took a bible study over the summer where I learned about homosexuality in the bible. I've also picked up so many reasons along the way, why religion is not anti-homosexual at the core. I find it ironic that I'm able to defend homosexuality while preserving religion's integrity and yet I'm not religious. I am staunchly not Christian but I come from a Christian background and when I broke from the church I did not say religion was bad... I just said it wasn't for me.

Anyway, that's all for tonight. I'll write again later.

4 Comments:

At 4:46 PM, Blogger critikalerror said...

Yes, yes, of course, I miss those conversations. They're easier in person. It's confusing online...takes time to type, and all that. That drive home from Atlanta was particularly interesting. But, it's always good to have a friend who doesn't see eye-to-eye with you, because if not, then you only see one point of view, and I think that people should at least have understanding. Of course, conflict can't be avoided, and nothing is good for everybody. I hope that differences can be resolved, and, with you I've got some evidence that people can still get along very well, even with different views. Hmmm, not sure what else to put. Oh well, I'll leave it there. Anyway, you can consider my comment done now...are you happy?

 
At 5:03 PM, Blogger Patrick said...

absolutely

 
At 3:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ok if that guy is Jeremy and the girl is me.. i am NOT playing with him... ok? you dont noe me.. so you noe what..you cant really say im playing with him. ok that's all i hafta say.. bye!~Lea

 
At 3:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i dont noe what Jeremy's said to make you think im playing games.. but im not very happy.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home